When preparing to write your history research paper, note that the first and most crucial stage is choosing your research paper topic. A well-chosen and adequately researched topic will make your work easier. If you choose a subject because it sounds significant or a subject you don’t know much about, there’s every tendency you’ll face many challenges while writing your paper.
Now, aside from choosing your topic, there are other essential things you should note when writing your history paper. And we will explore some of them in this article. We will also outline some research paper topics history students may benefit from.
How to Write a History Research Paper
After choosing your topic, the next step is writing your paper. This step requires a lot of attention, commitment, and research. To enable you to write a well-informed and non-plagiarized paper, some of the questions you should ask yourself include:
- What is the format for a research paper?
- What is a history research paper format?
- What is a research paper outline?
- How do I form my history research paper outline?
Answering these questions will give you a head start on your paper, and that’s what we’ve broken done for you.
What is the General Format of a History Research Paper?
Writing your history research paper follows the same format every other academic research paper follows. And this format serves as a writing guide, putting you through what comes before and follows next. Every research writing entails that it follows this particular format of:
It must appear in this order. If your research paper does not adhere to this format, you have deviated from the recommended design for writing an essay.
What Your History Research Paper Outline Should Look Like
While the research format gives you an idea of the structure of your paper, the outline guides you in breaking down your points and writing your research paper. With a well-prepared procedure, the bulk of the work in writing will be reduced and channeled towards research.
Generally, the outline of every research paper looks like this:
- Review of Scholarship
- Research Problem
- Research Objectives
Your outline should appear this way. But, for one tailored to your history research paper, you’ll have to break it down; it will become the primary outline that’ll serve you while writing. A helpful sample is:
- Abstract – Here, you will focus on writing about the main point of your research. You’ll highlight what your research is centered around.
- Introduction – Start with a hook sentence that looks like a brief background to the study. Ensure to include supporting sentences and cite authorities briefly.
- Body (Paragraph I)—Where you’ll begin your literature review. You’d also expound on various related scholarly works.
- (Paragraph II) – Introduce other scholarly works different from the first.
- (Paragraph III) – Include two more scholarly works (research works require at least four works cited for literature review)
Once you can handle your abstract, introduction, and literature review, the rest of the paper gradually comes together.
History Topics for Research Paper
Your research paper topic is essential. It determines the level of effort you’ll put into your work. For your research paper, avoid choosing a subject you know nothing about or letting others decide for you.
Suppose you find it challenging to choose a topic, research about history topic Ideas, or popular history research topics. Here are some history research paper topics to consider to aid your search.
- How imperialism is shaping up within African countries
- The emergence of the COVID-19 pandemic and how it reshaped the world
- A comparative student of the Great Depression and the American recession of 2008
- A study of the American Great Migration
- Exploring feminism from the first wave feminist movements
Choosing and writing a research paper is a demanding task—there’s a lot involved—research, time, and study material. If you find writing your history research paper challenging, you can seek assistance for your history research paper online. Online experts can guide you or help you write your essay.